BIONICLE Advanced Wars: EP Encounter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Exposure may cause unstable mutations or death.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...

Go down 
+3
Admin
The General
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

Number of posts : 33
Location : Somewhere between the real world and the Bionicle Universe.

Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Empty
PostSubject: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Well! I thought I'd start a topic that people could actually reply to.

As you can see, the forum has... expanded, a little. I'm dividing my attention between several different things, so it's still far from complete. There are a few rules and guidelines missing; most noticeably in the RPG forums, where it asks you to refer to "rules" that don't exist yet. On that note: nobody start an RPG until those rules HAVE been posted. Very Happy

Also, for those of you who knew it existed: I don't know what happened to the chat box. I'll try to get it back if I can. The admin panel for this forum is a little confusing and it seems like when I figure one thing out, another problem occurs. Mad

That all being said: what would you like to see in this forum? Is there a utility you'd like to use? A forum division that you'd like to see?

Keep in mind: you first guys are my beta-testers! If there are problems or changes that you'd seriously like to see made, be SURE to tell me! Together, we're laying the groundwork for a bigger, happier BAW community.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://bawmotohub.webs.com
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Well, well, well. My first post. Very Happy

It should be interesting when the RPG rules are posted... may have to start one myself.

I hope you get the chatbox back... I was wondering where it went.

And a fast reply option would be nice, as would a Collectibles or Sets subforum. Or even Storyline.

Anyway, I haven't noticed any serious problems yet... I'm hoping there won't turn out to be any.

-- General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
https://bawepencounter.darkbb.com
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:05 pm

General Trakvan wrote:
Well, well, well. My first post. Very Happy

It should be interesting when the RPG rules are posted... may have to start one myself.

I hope you get the chatbox back... I was wondering where it went.

And a fast reply option would be nice, as would a Collectibles or Sets subforum. Or even Storyline.

Anyway, I haven't noticed any serious problems yet... I'm hoping there won't turn out to be any.

-- General Trakvan

Yeah, I hope there won't be any either. XD

Yes, RPG rules are in the works! Once I get them up, I'll also be starting an official BAW RPG, too.

If I get a few more nominations for a sets division, I'll add it. As for Storyline, that's kinda combined with the General Discussion (I didn't want to replicate BZP's forum setup). I'm not sure if this forum layout has a fast reply option, but if it does, I'll enable it. Smile

And the chatbox, heh.
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Rawk on! The chatbox is back up. ^^

I'm not seeing any option to enable a "fast reply" in the admin panel, so either this forum template doesn't have it, or it's hidden somewhere, annoyingly.

Aw crap, I forgot that I was still logged in as Admin in the previous post.
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:39 pm

The sets division would be nice... however, unlike BZP, I doubt we need a promotions forum.

I guess we don't need a fast reply... at least the chatbox is back now. Smile

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Alright! I added a sets and merchandise forum.

Also, I added a feature to your profiles that lets you create an RPG character. You can see the character sheet in my profile as an example. The character sheets in your profile are for the OFFICIAL BAWEPE RPG, which is coming soon.

Next on the to-do list: make RPG rules. And after that: make new rank images, because the current ones are pixely and horrid. Mad

Any other suggestions? Anyone?

Also on the to-do list: find another smiley theme, because I don't like these ones. They're ugly.
Back to top Go down
Windblazer The Noob
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Windblazer The Noob

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Yay first post
It's probably too late right now, but can I helps you get the new group icons? Or at least do something. I feel worthless. tongue

Oh, and probably fits into another forum, but what about non-serious (Aka non-RPG thingy)games forum? Actually sratch that since with only three or four people it would go pretty slow.

BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 am

The sets and merchandise forum should come in handy... Twisted Evil

The RPG character sheet will only be useful after you make the rules, lol.

It will indeed be nice to have non-pixelated rank images.

And welcome to BAW, Windblazer. No, you're not useless.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:42 am

Hey Windblazer! Of course you're not useless. Smile In fact, it's NOT too late to make rank images; I haven't even started yet. I haven't even figured out the titles yet, except a total noob is "Rahi Bait", LOL.

A non-serious game? Is it BIONICLE? You have to run it through me before starting a game, so if you PM me with a description, maybe I can help tell you where to put it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Morgoth Bauglir
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Morgoth Bauglir

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:23 am

All I can think of right now is that I would like a reply button next to each post like on BZP, or is there already one and I missed it?
EDIT: Also, for PMing, I would like a member suggestion for who to send it to, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Captain Flowers
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Captain Flowers

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 am

AHHHH!!!!

this forum is confusing the jell out of meeee!!!!

whats the deal with PMing and Avs???? i cant seem to find that option for the life of me..... arg....

~Cappy
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 am

@MB: There used to be one, but I don't know what happened to it. Ask Slushie.

@CF: It's at the top. Click on Profile, then you should see a toolbar with links to where you can change your avatar. As for PMing, go to the top of any page, click on Inbox, then hit the green Reply button. Once there, you can choose a member to send it to. Hope that helps.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Morgoth Bauglir
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Morgoth Bauglir

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:18 am

@GT: which thing were you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:47 am

Sorry guys, when I changed forum skin, a few of the buttons disappeared (like the reply and pm buttons). Even though I like this color scheme better than the old one, I think I'm gonna switch back to the old one, and then change the colors and pictures the hard way. :/
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:50 pm

@MB: The "reply with quotes" button is back now!

@Slushie: This isn't the old one. Razz

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Morgoth Bauglir
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Morgoth Bauglir

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 1:32 pm

General Trakvan wrote:
@MB: The "reply with quotes" button is back now!

@Slushie: This isn't the old one. Razz

--General Trakvan
Cool, thanks Slushie!
Back to top Go down
Captain Flowers
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Captain Flowers

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Do we have a BBC Forum yet???

~Cappy
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:01 pm

@CP: No, you'd have to ask Slushie about that - PM her with suggestions.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
The Librarian
Matoran Warrior
Matoran Warrior
The Librarian

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Captain Flowers wrote:

~Cappy

Yes, I have to admit, that would be ideal. Since there is no way I can or will use a BZP account again, I'd like to show off my Brickshelf.

Arty Foul
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Arty Foul wrote:
Captain Flowers wrote:

~Cappy

Yes, I have to admit, that would be ideal. Since there is no way I can or will use a BZP account again, I'd like to show off my Brickshelf.

Arty Foul

@AF: I'd suggest linking to it in your signature if you want to show it off. Otherwise, for the idea of a BBC forum, PM Slushie.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 am

I can add a section to the Arena subforum for displaying your MOCs. Sorry if I've overlooked some aspects of a proper Bionicle forum; just because I'm not into the sets or MOCing doesn't mean I shouldn't provide resources for those of you who are. Smile

@GT: Yeah! I couldn't find the old skin, but I did find an option to keep most of the colors, so I just went with the one that seemed the best.
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:52 am

Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie wrote:
I can add a section to the Arena subforum for displaying your MOCs. Sorry if I've overlooked some aspects of a proper Bionicle forum; just because I'm not into the sets or MOCing doesn't mean I shouldn't provide resources for those of you who are. Smile

Yes indeed - as the resident MOC wizard who can invent custom torsos in less than a day, I'd like a BBC forum. Razz

Quote :
@GT: Yeah! I couldn't find the old skin, but I did find an option to keep most of the colors, so I just went with the one that seemed the best.

Yep, this is a lot like it... the only thing I miss is the picture of the energized protodermis entity.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
The Librarian
Matoran Warrior
Matoran Warrior
The Librarian

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 pm

General Trakvan wrote:

Yep, this is a lot like it... the only thing I miss is the picture of the energized protodermis entity.

--General Trakvan

Aww yeah! Will he ever be coming back to us? Eh? It was a great picture, and probably what caught my eye most.
No offense to you, Miss Slushie, but the new skin is a tad uninteresting.

AF

P.S. Whoops, you lost it? Well, never mind then. If you ever find him, however, that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Heheh, I'll be bringing back EPE, as he is the mascot of this forum. I'll probably be making the banner smaller and narrower, though, like the one above. It was pretty huge before. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Heheh, I'll be bringing back EPE, as he is the mascot of this forum. I'll probably be making the banner smaller and narrower, though, like the one above. It was pretty huge before. Very Happy

Massive. I'll be glad to see him back, though, big or not. Very Happy

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Captain Flowers
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Captain Flowers

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:48 pm

MS SLUSHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when are we getting a BBC forum over here!!!?!??!??!?

im sick of posting mine on BZP. i never get proper feed back

~Cappy
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Captain Flowers wrote:

~Cappy

Rule #1: Don't Annoy the Site Owner.

Rule #2: BZP sucks.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:30 pm

General Trakvan wrote:

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Captain Flowers
Matoran Worker
Matoran Worker
Captain Flowers

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:27 pm

General Trakvan wrote:
Captain Flowers wrote:

~Cappy

--General Trakvan

i dont think the site sucks. its just super dooper over crowded....
such a PAIN

~Cappy
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:23 am

General Trakvan wrote:

Twisted Evil

Indeed.

Captain Flowers wrote:
General Trakvan wrote:
Captain Flowers wrote:

~Cappy

--General Trakvan

i dont think the site sucks. its just super dooper over crowded....
such a PAIN

~Cappy

Its members suck except for us and selected others. The server also is not great.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...   Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things Start to Look a Little More Interesting...
Page 1 of 1