BIONICLE Advanced Wars: EP Encounter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Exposure may cause unstable mutations or death.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moderator rules.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Komé the Artist
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Komé the Artist

Number of posts : 38

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Yea we do lol!

Kidding. I thought maybe we should have rules for moderators? For instance, General and Arty had a tiny "conversation" in Arty's post - I know it was just a small one, but I thought maybe we should have guidelines for these kinds of situations?

Like: When a post is empty it is to be deleted, and the member notified via PM.

Or something like that? So members won't get confused?

And I think everyone should have a say in this, not just the moderators ^^

So what do you think?

Sincerely,
Komé.
Back to top Go down
The Librarian
Matoran Warrior
Matoran Warrior
The Librarian

Number of posts : 55

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Komé the Artist wrote:
General and Arty had a tiny "conversation" in Arty's post

So what do you think?

Sincerely,
Komé.

Well, (ARTY!?!?!?!) it wasn't that much of a problem, but some rules are probably in order. But BZPower did the same thing, and there was no problem there. So good rules would be:

No Abuse of POWAH!

Be kind, unless being sarcastic: You aren't invincible.

...... Well, that's all I got.

@Miss Slushie: What's your opinion on this?

AF
Back to top Go down
https://bawepencounter.darkbb.com
Komé the Artist
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Komé the Artist

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Arty Foul wrote:

Well, (ARTY!?!?!?!) it wasn't that much of a problem, but some rules are probably in order. But BZPower did the same thing, and there was no problem there. So good rules would be:

No Abuse of POWAH!

Be kind, unless being sarcastic: You aren't invincible.

...... Well, that's all I got.

@Miss Slushie: What's your opinion on this?

AF
Yea, would you rather have me calling you Artemis?

Oh, but I'm sarcastic all the time, except when I'm not.

Oh, and I've appointed myself Simon Cowell of BAW! So I get to be rude in a helping way, and you get to stand by on the sidewalk and look!

Sarcastic again - although, I HAVE appointed myself SC of BAW.
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

Number of posts : 86

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Komé the Artist wrote:
Yea we do lol!

Kidding. I thought maybe we should have rules for moderators? For instance, General and Arty had a tiny "conversation" in Arty's post - I know it was just a small one, but I thought maybe we should have guidelines for these kinds of situations?

So what do you think?

Sincerely,
Komé.

It was because the post was empty that I notified him by the edit. I know it may not have constituted a reason to start a conversation within the post, though.

I believe that we moderators and such should be able to "moderate" ourselves - we should be mature enough to know our limits. If not... we should be demoted. Period.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
The Librarian
Matoran Warrior
Matoran Warrior
The Librarian

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm

General Trakvan wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:
Yea we do lol!

So what do you think?

Sincerely,
Komé.

It was because the post was empty that I notified him by the edit. I know it may not have constituted a reason to start a conversation within the post, though.

I believe that we moderators and such should be able to "moderate" ourselves - we should be mature enough to know our limits. If not... we should be demoted. Period.

--General Trakvan

Hmmmm... well said, GT. And I didn't mean to start conversation, which I don't think I did. It was an no-answer question, and an apology. I don't think there should be such a fuss about it.

AF
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Arty Foul wrote:
General Trakvan wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:
Yea we do lol!

So what do you think?

Sincerely,
Komé.

--General Trakvan

Hmmmm... well said, GT. And I didn't mean to start conversation, which I don't think I did. It was an no-answer question, and an apology. I don't think there should be such a fuss about it.

AF

Thank you. And you didn't start it - I did with my edit in the first place.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

Number of posts : 33
Location : Somewhere between the real world and the Bionicle Universe.

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I will look into making a few moderator rules, but if they don't know how to behave as moderators, chances are I wouldn't make them moderators in the first place.

@AF: What you have to keep in mind is that the moderators know what they're doing. If you have a question about why they modified or deleted your post, you should take it up with them via PM, not start a conversation inside the post.
Back to top Go down
http://bawmotohub.webs.com
The Librarian
Matoran Warrior
Matoran Warrior
The Librarian

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie wrote:

@AF: What you have to keep in mind is that the moderators know what they're doing. If you have a question about why they modified or deleted your post, you should take it up with them via PM, not start a conversation inside the post.

But I didn't! All I said was sorry nothing was inside the post, and then I asked, "Better?" to make sure it was fine, or anything, not start a mind-tingling conversation! And I didn't really ask any questions, because that one was kinda rhetorical... sigh. It's not easy being green. Sad

AF

EDIT: Look what I found! I'm not the only one to blame!

Arty Foul wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:
Off-topic: General, don't you think it's a bit crazy to do a conversation like that in one direct post?

Well, them mods can do it, and it doesn't waste space with a post, so it seems better than a new post.

AF

Yea, but it's still kinda weird, don't you think?

-Komé.

No, not really.

--GT
Back to top Go down
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie
BAW Administrator
BAW Administrator
Ninjitsu_Avak/Slushie

Number of posts : 33
Location : Somewhere between the real world and the Bionicle Universe.

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 pm

*sniff* Okay. I don't want to start playing "strict administrator," but moderators: Do not start conversing in other people's posts just for the heck of it! I know you do it for reason, but the reason isn't good enough. A brief comment is okay, like telling the poster why you edited their post. Don't start anything back and forth. That's what PMs are for.
Back to top Go down
http://bawmotohub.webs.com
Komé the Artist
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Komé the Artist

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:17 am

Arty Foul wrote:

But I didn't! All I said was sorry nothing was inside the post, and then I asked, "Better?" to make sure it was fine, or anything, not start a mind-tingling conversation! And I didn't really ask any questions, because that one was kinda rhetorical... sigh. It's not easy being green. Sad

AF

EDIT: Look what I found! I'm not the only one to blame!

Arty Foul wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:
Off-topic: General, don't you think it's a bit crazy to do a conversation like that in one direct post?

Well, them mods can do it, and it doesn't waste space with a post, so it seems better than a new post.

AF

Yea, but it's still kinda weird, don't you think?

-Komé.

No, not really.

--GT
To my defense, I was proving a point. I'm saying it's weird, and don't you think?

If you read the first post closely you'll see me mentioning:

Komé wrote:
When a post is empty it is to be deleted, and the member notified via PM.

I just think we should have guidelines and specific ways of doing things instead of just improvise. Do you comprehend?
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 am

*sniff* Okay. I don't want to start playing "strict administrator," but moderators: Do not start conversing in other people's posts just for the heck of it! I know you do it for reason, but the reason isn't good enough. A brief comment is okay, like telling the poster why you edited their post. Don't start anything back and forth. That's what PMs are for.

I see. I start it as a brief comment, but then they edit it back for whatever reason. This shall end now.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Komé the Artist
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Komé the Artist

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:48 pm

I hate when people don't listen - or read, whatever works for you.
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Komé the Artist wrote:

I apologize if you are talking about me. But I do not believe that we need rules - we generally know what we are doing.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Komé the Artist
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Komé the Artist

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:35 pm

General Trakvan wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:

I apologize if you are talking about me. But I do not believe that we need rules - we generally know what we are doing.

--General Trakvan
I know, but it COULD if we had a system, know what I mean? So we all don't do different things.
Back to top Go down
The General
BAW Moderator
BAW Moderator
The General

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Komé the Artist wrote:
General Trakvan wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:

--General Trakvan
I know, but it COULD if we had a system, know what I mean? So we all don't do different things.

Every moderator has their own style of doing it, but we're basically doing the same thing.

--General Trakvan
Back to top Go down
Komé the Artist
Creative Consultant
Creative Consultant
Komé the Artist

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:47 am

General Trakvan wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:
General Trakvan wrote:
Komé the Artist wrote:

--General Trakvan

Every moderator has their own style of doing it, but we're basically doing the same thing.

--General Trakvan
I don't think I'm getting anywhere. Closing.

Perhaps you would have gotten somewhere if you were more eloquent and articulate in your explanations. --GT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moderator rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator rules.   Moderator rules. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moderator rules.
Page 1 of 1